20: They’re Not Missing Out! Exploring Traditional School Experiences for Homeschool Students, with Jasmine Lee
In this episode of the Homeschool Our Way Podcast, I’m joined by homeschool mom, Jasmine Lee. She’s helping us by shedding light on how our homeschooled kids can get involved in activities and experiences we may have previously thought were only for kids at traditional schools. Things like band, sports, spelling bees, student government…nothing is off limits!
Jasmine is also the founder of the Texas Homeschool Expo!
- Be sure to sign up for Jasmine’s newsletter!
- Follow her event’s Facebook page
- You’ll find her 2023 list of vendors…see which kinds of similar organizations you might find in your area!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- NCAA Eligibility for Homeschool Students
- Youth Advisory Commissions (or kid city councils): this one is in Texas, but be sure to look for one in your city
- Homeschool Organizations by State (these lists are not exhaustive, but they are a starting point!)
Does this sound like you? ➡️ You’re interested in starting homeschool soon (or maybe you’ve just started recently), but you need a guide to walk you through how to get out of the gate successfully.
If that’s you, then I can help! I’m creating a course to help you start your homeschool journey with clarity and confidence in 10 days or less, and I’ll be taking a few folks alongside me for a more hands-on learning approach. So if you’d like to be in that group, click the link above to learn more!
Resources from Elan:
Determine Your Child’s Learning Style | Learning Style Quiz
Get Your Free Guide: 5 Key Steps to Start Your Homeschool Journey
Connect on Instagram | Homeschool Our Way
If you’ve found this podcast helpful, please leave me a review!